Project title: Increasing citizen participation in the implementation of policies at the local level to adapt to the Green Deal
Project number: BG05SFOP001-2.025-0087-С01
Beneficiary: The Green Industry, Innovation, and Technology Transfer Foundation
Partner: The SOS Entrepreneurs Foundation
Budget: BGN 56 447.99,
Duration: 18 months, of which 85% – or – BGN 47 980.79 European and 15% – or – BGN 8 467.20 national funding
Commencement of implementation: Grant Agreement № BG05SFOP001-2.025-0087-С01/09.08.2022
The main goal of the project is to achieve an effective dialogue on open and responsible partnership governance regarding environmental protection and climate change policies and their adaptation to the Green Deal.
The specific goals set in the implementation of the project are related to:
- Conducting a study and analysis of the existing active policies for adaptation to the Green Deal on a European scale.
- Development of a survey and a study of the implemented policies and mechanisms for adaptation to the Green Deal in municipalities in Bulgaria.
- Assessment of the impact potential of policies related to environmental protection and climate change by conducting specialized practical workshops to promote their adaptation to the Green Deal in three Bulgarian municipalities.
- Organization of an information campaign by conducting an active campaign on social networks to increase public awareness and promote citizen participation in the processes of implementation and monitoring of policies for the protection of the environment and climate change at the local level, as well as their adaptation to the Green Deal.
The activities of the project aimed at achieving the opportunity for citizens to participate in the work of local administrative bodies and institutions and to influence decision-making and the implementation of policies, strategic documents, laws, and other normative acts to achieve maximum coherence and consensus between them and the state on various topics of the public agenda.
Project Activity Outcomes
1) REPORT Regarding the study of existing active policies for environmental protection and climate change on a European scale (in Bulgarian)
2) ANALYSIS of existing active policies for environmental protection and climate change on a European scale (in Bulgarian)
You can download the document along with all its appendices from this link.